Monday, February 26, 2007

Good Bowling Week For Me

So I have been practicing 3x a week for the past three weeks and things really came together beginning last Thursday. Actually, it started Thursday morning when I found an old CD set I ordered in the summer of 2005 - Hypnosis for bowling and subliminal bowling messages.

Let me go back two years...

I ordered the Hypnosis CD in the summer of 2005 and immediately listened to it 5x and that evening, we went with friends of ours to Monte Carlo bowling. The lights are turned off and with different combinations of pins, splits, strikes, lucky number raffles, you can win a few bucks. Anyway, in the second game, I shot a 300 game - in the dark and every ball in the pocket. I continued listening to the CDs every day and my averaged climbed up to 225. Well, I didn't want to have my book average being that high so I purposely stopped listening and ended up with a 212 average.

After a few months, I lost track of where the CDs were. I thought about getting back to them every now and then; but, never listened to them again. But, as I mentioned earlier, I am trying to get back into shape again after my ankle injury of August 6, 2006 and while rummaging through some old computer stuff last Thursday, I found the CD set again.

Come back to current day ...

I carried my portable CD player around the whole afternoon and when I took a short nap, I kept it on. After waking up, I spontaneously decided it was time to get back into tournament bowling again. Because of my injury and current average being 174 on Friday nights, the tournament club rule is they will allow a re-rate based on my tournament average (202) and the highest current average (174) which gave me a re-arated average of 188. I bowled a 2-game total of 212 - 240 plus handicap for a grand total of 508 for the two games. This put me into a guaranteed spot for the quarterfinals on Sunday. This also meant that regardless of anything, I was going to get a check.

I listened to it all day on Friday. In league that night, I shot 205 - 233 - 257 for a 691 series. On Saturday, I loaded them onto my MP3 player and listend to them constantly all that day and Sunday morning. We went to the tournament location at 12 noon and while watching that squad and waiting for the quarterfinals at 2 PM, I kept listening to the recordings.

Having listened to them so many times, I kept in focus throughout the six games and ended up as the tournament champion. (I had not won a singles championship since 2004, the first year that I joined the tournament bowling club). There is also a thing called "King of the Hill" which, as the current champion, I had to bowl one game against the reigning champion and I won that so I am now the reigning king.

For whatever it's worth, I will continue to listen to the CDs. Superstitious? perhaps. But who am I to go against what had happened to me whenever I listen to the Hypnosis for bowling and the subliminal recordings?

No comments: