Friday, March 9, 2007

Just Bowling Along

Since winning the Apache Lanes bowling tournament, I've been cruising along continuing to work on my game. At last week's tournament (Sunset Lanes), I wasn't concentrating too good because my tendon kept "popping" out over the ankle bone and throwing my strides off. I did not make it past the quarterfinals and ended up in 13th place. I did, however, defend my "King of the Hill" position.

During practice on Tuesday night, I discovered that if I take a 3-step approach (basically, my first step is a stutter so you could consider it a 4-step), I very rarely have my tendon slip out of place. I worked on it that night and then again, on last night (Thursday) and it seems to be going good.

This weekend's tournament is a 5-game beat-the-board. I have to help with the bowling tournament in Lake Havasu City on Sunday; but, I'll be able to go on Saturday after taking and watching Mikela at her bowling earlier in the day.

No comments: