Thursday, March 20, 2008

Old Friends Are Catching Up To Me

Over the past month old friends have re-established contact with me and I have to say that it is very satisfying. A few weeks ago, my Air Force buddy, Big Al Flowers, (from Nakhon Phanom, Thailand where we were stationed together in 1970) found me again after losing contact sometime around the turn of the millennium. He is doing very well and I am happy for him.

Over the past week, my classmate, Emma Sousa, invited me to a website that has been started for the Hilo High School Class of 1966. I have re-connected with classmates that I had not heard from since 2002 when I moved back here to Phoenix.

In the past few days, Jyoji Yamaguchi, from my days in Japan has started sending me emails again.

I have been lazy with my oldest son and family in that I haven't visited them in over two years - and they live only about 15 miles from me. Lazy, lazy, lazy. And Tammy, my daughter-in-law posted a comment in my previous post. With all this "reunion" stuff happening, you would think that I would be seeing my family more often, huh?

Well, as they say, "better late than never." Got other friends in the valley that I haven't seen for too long. Got to make time for them.

No comments: