Sunday, March 23, 2008

Saturday Is Junior Bowling

Saturday mornings are reserved for Junior Bowling at Glenfair Lanes in Glendale, AZ. Mikela, Kobi, and Megan have a lot of friends and a good time. Reminds me of my "growing up days" back in Hilo. They are all doing well and considered "stars" of the program. Mikela has already won over $100 in scholarship funds, Kobi 's name is listed on the High Scores Board at the bowling center front entrance, and Megan just shot her highest duplicate score of 71. Mikela is also involved with Club Volleyball.

Went to visit my friend, John, and we caught up for the past six months. He is in good health and spirits as far as I can tell. He seems to be mellowing out so that he doesn't seem to be so much the "curmudgeon" anymore. Of course, I don't always have to be right anymore and instead, I let him be right most of the time. We still have our moments and that's the way it should be, of course. I would guess our relationship is all about debate and if I agree with him 100% of the time, there would be no opinionated discussions and therefore, no reason to discuss things. Gotta laugh about that, but, then, good friendships are based on understanding why we are good friends.

No comments: