Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I Am Myron

OK. Let's try this. I am Myron Hideo Higa. I am the 7th child born to Shinichi and Sadako Higa on May 13th,1957 at Matayoshi hospital in the Territory of Hawai'i. I do not remember the 1960 tidal wave, but I do remember growing playing in the abandoned buildings down in Kimiville (although I never knew that it was called Kimiville until recently...it was nothing more than a lot of empty houses and wreckage covered by bushes). My earliest recollection of home was 18-A Kupukupu St. in the 4 bedroom duplex next to the Yomes'. Ah....Haupia pie!!!!!! And BETTER NOT MESS WITH THE GARDENIA BUSH or Mr. Yomes will get you!!! What Kind of tree grew on the back side of the house that had those tiny flowers that always attracted a lot of bees? We always used to catch them in empty mayonaise bottles. And then the one day that I didn't have a bottle so I just caught it in my hands..oweee! After Kupukupu St, we moved to Kinoole St. next to Hilo Printers about July or August 1964 just before my 3rd grade year when I had to transfer to Hilo Union (Onion) School. Then came THE FLOOD.. to be continued later....

1 comment:

Choc said...

Welcome, Myron. Your comments and added memories and perspectives will surely add a lot to this blog. That's what it's all about, my brother!